F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe

Notice:

This is a read-only archive of the old board. The new forum is located here.

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 1 2 3  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Here we go. Obama proposing ability to discharge student loans through bankruptcy.
Unregistered

. said:For who? Do you own property and pay taxes? That debt was passed onto you.

For everyone.

If you can discharge the debt then they won't be so quick to hand it out.
Unregistered

X-Patriot said:Because PRIVATE school education wasn't $40,000 a yr back in the 1960's!

Yes, we are better off being an educated nation, or else we will all become like the Palin family!

DERP!

/
:winner:

Education hasn't done anything for you.
X-Patriot
Unregistered

. said:/
:winner:

Education hasn't done anything for you.

u mad?
Unregistered

. said:No, but the debt forces kid to enter thir lives as laves. The loan companies take no rik on their return, but get the reward of accepting the interest.

if you are older than 18, then there is absolutely no hope for you.
Unregistered

. said:Companies create jobs. They use debt for business. Spending 100k for a black studies degree helps nobody other than the university

Not just the university (jews). It helps grow the government a shit ton, which Obama wants. The government holds the debt and the banks (jews) really just hold a kickback. He wants a useless degreed boon that was taught by his jewish professor that the Greeks and Beethoven was black on his payroll, taught nothing but to have a chip on his shoulder, because culture war is Obama's plan.

Court jews, always know how to be court jews, they got the position on lock.
Unregistered

. said:GOtta love libbie retards. they blame the banks for giving loans, but not the liberal elitist controlled universities which set the outrageous tuition rates.

:potd:

Just for fun, take a look at how much college administrators "earn"
Unregistered

. said:Most countries subsidize student education. Too bad the US sucks ass due to all the ignorant religious assholes.

This has something to do with religious people?

JWP
www.mosquitonet.com/~prewett

20931 posts

Not to worry. Just borrow more from China or whoever. Problem solved. Freebys for all.

ps: just for the record and for full disclosure:

I ceased making payments on my NATIONAL DEFENSE STUDENT LOAN [I think that is what it was called] about 40 years ago.

What with penalties and all, I probably owe the Fed government enough to pay off the national debt]
Unregistered

America really only needs a fraction of the college-educated people that it currently has. Given the tremendous cost of college today, it really isn't an economically viable approach for most.

Fortunately, we have a significant number of wealthy families that CAN afford to put their kids through school without financial hardship, and without burdening their graduating children with extraordinary debt.

It only makes sense to discontinue this wasteful expenditure in student-loans programs and such, and just let those in our country who can truly and easily afford the top academic institutions, be the ones that fill the roles that require such high educational requirements.

The vast amount of money that is currently squandered providing partial funding for college to those who genuinely have no business being there, or who can't afford the entire package to begin with, would be far better spent providing them with vocational training in some trade field, as an electrician, or plumber, or carpenter.
Unregistered

I'd just go to the best school possible, live high on the hog on credit cards all through school, then BK the day I graduated.

Page: 1 2 3  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: