F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe

Notice:

This is a read-only archive of the old board. The new forum is located here.

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Lost ending spoiler.
kut_to_end_all_kuts
OIL SOAKED TAR BABY

1483 posts

I knew it from day one. Hell, I stopped watching shortly into the 2nd season and like most everyone else, I called that it that the island was Purgatory and everyone had died in the original crash.
Thank god I didn't waste 6 years of watching it to find that out in the end.
Silly.
Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

27304 posts

I don't think I've seen more than 15 minutes of any single episode. What was the deal with the big smoke monster thing.
WarCrimes
Criminal

535 posts

Same here. I just heard about all these tards talking about it when it first started and I commented offhand..."meh, i bet they're all dead anyway, and this is like some dream sequence."
kut_to_end_all_kuts
OIL SOAKED TAR BABY

1483 posts

Katalyst said:I don't think I've seen more than 15 minutes of any single episode. What was the deal with the big smoke monster thing.

Haven't the slightest. I stopped watching completely about 4 and a half seasons ago and the smoke monster still hadn't been resolved. It was pretty funny that all the internet bloggers and fans were saying after the first few episodes that the island was probably Purgatory and despite their denials, I guess the writers decided to go with that ending after all.
Unregistered

I stopped watching when they went to 3 minutes of commercials for every 6 minutes of show, it was unwatchable even on TiVo.
shockeye
Robotron Rescue Llama

1540 posts

Was it pugatory? It seems with the whole number1/number2 thing and the fact that his father stated they all died at different that the island was real enough and the sequence was more of a post afterlife consolidation at a time well past the present. But then, stopped watching in 3rd season and only caught end of the end. :shrug:
Unregistered

Art imitates life. Am I the only one that sometimes wonders if they are already dead and what you think is reality is actually just a memory?

Suck on that. :lol:
Unregistered

Kind of lame ending to a really great show.
Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

27304 posts

But that's the thing. It wasn't a really great show. You thought it was because you filled in the blanks the writers didn't. In the end, when it was time for the big reveal, they gave you what you expected long ago.
Unregistered

Katalyst said:But that's the thing. It wasn't a really great show. You thought it was because you filled in the blanks the writers didn't. In the end, when it was time for the big reveal, they gave you what you expected long ago.

Got milk?
Unregistered

Katalyst said:But that's the thing. It wasn't a really great show. You thought it was because you filled in the blanks the writers didn't. In the end, when it was time for the big reveal, they gave you what you expected long ago.

You're an idiot. They weren't dead the entire time.
Katalyst
Agent Provocateur

27304 posts

. said:You're an idiot. They weren't dead the entire time.

Where did I say they were.
Unregistered

pretty easy ending. The result is the writers don't have to explain shit. Polar bears, transportation to a desert, why babies can't be born on the island, smoke monster, immortality, time travel, alternate realities, etc. etc. etc. None of it has to be explained at all other than, "that's how the afterlife works!".

cocksuckers.
Unregistered

Katalyst said:Where did I say they were.

"when it was time for the big reveal, they gave you what you expected long ago" implied to me that you were suggesting the storyline of them actually being dead the whole time (which was expected long ago, was actually true
Unregistered

. said:pretty easy ending. The result is the writers don't have to explain shit. Polar bears, transportation to a desert, why babies can't be born on the island, smoke monster, immortality, time travel, alternate realities, etc. etc. etc. None of it has to be explained at all other than, "that's how the afterlife works!".

cocksuckers.

They explained all of that stuff you're talking about well before the finale.
Unregistered

. said:They explained all of that stuff you're talking about well before the finale.

No they didn't. They explained none of that.
Unregistered

. said:No they didn't. They explained none of that.

You do realize the show was about two Gods who lived on the island, right? The mythology on the show explains everything.
Unregistered

It was purgatory. Jeez. EOT/
Unregistered

That is parte un de deux themes.
Unregistered

What?

:what:

:lol:

:mittens:
Unregistered

. said:You do realize the show was about two Gods who lived on the island, right? The mythology on the show explains everything.

except for the ending.
Unregistered

. said:except for the ending.

The flash-sideways that's been happened during season 6 was them in the afterlife, coming to the realization of their own deaths.

Everything else happened.
sandman
Tight Diction

20385 posts

. said:It was purgatory. Jeez. EOT/

W3rd. I also wondered if the bald dude was actually the smoke monster. I looked it up and indeed he was.

The first hour of the ending was slow, but overall the ending was fantastic.
Unregistered

sandman said:W3rd. I also wondered if the bald dude was actually the smoke monster. I looked it up and indeed he was.

The first hour of the ending was slow, but overall the ending was fantastic.

Only the flash-sideways was purgatory.
kut_to_end_all_kuts
OIL SOAKED TAR BABY

1483 posts

. said:Only the flash-sideways was purgatory.

Was the flash-sideways the alternate reality of them in the hospital? And how did that come about?

Page: 1 2 3 4  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: