F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe

Notice:

This is a read-only archive of the old board. The new forum is located here.

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Is there, or is there not a God?
JesusNEVERexisted
www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

3934 posts

mr the horse said:What does it mean to say an immaterial omnipotent sky fairy 'exists' anyway? :confused:

:shrug:

Good question. Don't mean jack to me but it means a lot to bible thumpers.
Unregistered

. said:Your theory makes a lot of sense. If there is a god he must be a fucking asshole to make people jump through all these hoops.

If not, it doesn't fucking matter. Better to believe there is a god who is kind of like Hitler.

Isn't it possible that there IS a God who DOESN'T want you to jump through these hoops, but a few people in positions of power on Earth just make that claim as a way to control people?
Unregistered

JesusNEVERexisted said:Only because it's the TRUTH!!

:mittens:

In your mind, kike! Now don't you have some baby dicks which need sucked upon? No go!
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

Evolutionary tards state that features evolve from less complex to more complex

The human consciousness, while being light years ahead of even our closest evolutionary cousins, is still at a primitive state. It has only existed for some 30,000 years.

Imagine if you will that we are at the beginning of the journey of the evolution of our consciousness - and the awareness of God is part of that evolution.
Unregistered

. said:Your theory makes a lot of sense. If there is a god he must be a fucking asshole to make people jump through all these hoops.

If not, it doesn't fucking matter. Better to believe there is a god who is kind of like Hitler.

Or that he's kind of like Ariel Sharon. Same thing, but works for different ethnicities.
Unregistered

q said:Evolutionary tards state that features evolve from less complex to more complex

The human consciousness, while being light years ahead of even our closest evolutionary cousins, is still at a primitive state. It has only existed for some 30,000 years.

Imagine if you will that we are at the beginning of the journey of the evolution of our consciousness - and the awareness of God is part of that evolution.

Evolutionary tards don't know what they are talking about.

Look at language, for example. Languages are not evolving to greater complexity; they are DEvolving. Ancient Greek was WAY more intricate than modern English is. And ancient Sanskrit was even WAY more intricate than ancient Greek.

A better case can be made that human beings in the last 30,000 (maybe even just the last 10,000) years have been DEvolving from some prior state in which they had far greater awareness and perhaps even communion with the divine.
JesusNEVERexisted

3934 posts

. said:Evolutionary tards don't know what they are talking about.

Look at language, for example. Languages are not evolving to greater complexity; they are DEvolving. Ancient Greek was WAY more intricate than modern English is. And ancient Sanskrit was even WAY more intricate than ancient Greek.

A better case can be made that human beings in the last 30,000 (maybe even just the last 10,000) years have been DEvolving from some prior state in which they had far greater awareness and perhaps even communion with the divine.

I think he was talking about physical features and not language.

You can purposely simplify a language if you want to.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

"Return to a golden age" archetype. Unfortunately it is simply not true. While it is true that ancient Greek is more complex than ancient latin, it is nowhere near as versatile as English, or even French.

The Chinese languages are very old, and very idiomatic - but, the most recent, Mandarin, is suitably complex

Mankind has both evolved and devolved - there are some beautiful artifacts from the Neolithic, and even before, that will make your mind boggle. However, humanity is still learning to explore its consciousness

Unless you want to admit Atlantis, or ancient astronauts, in which case we can bury this thread relatively quickly
Unregistered

Reading the naysayer's responses makes me realize that even the retarded can learn to surf the internet. :lol:

There is no God! I know this because I cannot see God!
\
:winner:

q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

JesusNEVERexisted said:I think he was talking about physical features and not language.

You can purposely simplify a language if you want to.

its a valid observation. And there does exist a simplified english - which is actually pretty comical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_English
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

. said:Reading the naysayer's responses makes me realize that even the retarded can learn to surf the internet. :lol:

There is no God! I know this because I cannot see God!
\
:winner:

It is a good thing that people are reductionists. If we all accepted faith blindly, it would be bad for the world as a whole.

Reductionism is a valid perspective, no matter how limiting it is. The scientific method has produced miracles over the past few hundred years, and it would not exist without the ability to reduce natural phenomenon into repeatable observable phenomenon.

Where science breaks down is in non repeatable phenomenon - for example, ball lightening. However, if we had not evolved the language of science and math, we would be a poor species indeed.
JesusNEVERexisted

3934 posts

q said:It is a good thing that people are reductionists. If we all accepted faith blindly, it would be bad for the world as a whole.

Reductionism is a valid perspective, no matter how limiting it is. The scientific method has produced miracles over the past few hundred years, and it would not exist without the ability to reduce natural phenomenon into repeatable observable phenomenon.

Where science breaks down is in non repeatable phenomenon - for example, ball lightening. However, if we had not evolved the language of science and math, we would be a poor species indeed.

Plus we'd still be living in mud huts if it wasn't for science and math!
Unregistered

I can't believe this troll made it to page 2. Must be JNE obsessively cutting and pasting.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

JesusNEVERexisted said:Plus we'd still be living in mud huts if it wasn't for science and math!

Not true. The romans did pretty good without and advanced ability to do math.

Come to think of it, Roman math compared to modern math is a clear evolution in language I could have pointed out to the dot. math is a language after all, with rules, syntax, and it carries information.
JesusNEVERexisted

3934 posts

q said:Not true. The romans did pretty good without and advanced ability to do math.

Come to think of it, Roman math compared to modern math is a clear evolution in language I could have pointed out to the dot. math is a language after all, with rules, syntax, and it carries information.

But they used basic science and math for their construction. You have to go before that to see how primitive we were with basically no science and math at all.
Unregistered

. said:I can't believe this troll made it to page 2. Must be JNE obsessively cutting and pasting.

OK, let me complicate things a bit.

I have found, through direct personal experience, that when I pray about stuff to my chosen deity, that stuff ends up working out much better for me. If I want something that seems unreasonable -- an outcome at work, a financial gain, or whatever -- praying about it seems to increase the likelihood that I end up getting my way.

Now, you can say that it is all in my head, and you might be correct. But no one can reasonably dispute the staying power of religion when the world is full of people like me, from whom their religious activity provides positive feedback that something seems to be "working out" for them as a result of it.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

JesusNEVERexisted said:But they used basic science and math for their construction. You have to go before that to see how primitive we were with basically no science and math at all.

The Pyramids, Baal'bek, and Stonehenge were constructed by preliterate societies. If they are preliterate, by definition, they cannot possess math.

Theres a couple thousand tons of rock to explain away
Unregistered

JesusNEVERexisted said:But they used basic science and math for their construction. You have to go before that to see how primitive we were with basically no science and math at all.

Before about 8000BC, human beings were building amazing cities that were so environmentally friendly that when they were abandoned they biodegraded into unrecognizability in just a few thousand years. That's some pretty amazing technology that we don't even have today.

In retrospect, it sure as hell looks as though society "hit bottom" somewhere in the second millennium BC, and since then has only very slowly been regaining what it had lost.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

. said:OK, let me complicate things a bit.

I have found, through direct personal experience, that when I pray about stuff to my chosen deity, that stuff ends up working out much better for me. If I want something that seems unreasonable -- an outcome at work, a financial gain, or whatever -- praying about it seems to increase the likelihood that I end up getting my way.

Now, you can say that it is all in my head, and you might be correct. But no one can reasonably dispute the staying power of religion when the world is full of people like me, from whom their religious activity provides positive feedback that something seems to be "working out" for them as a result of it.

The logical response to that is "self fulfilling prophecy" - however, isn't it interesting how people who are filled with the spirit of God are happy, whereas materialistic people tend to be miserable.

By "filled with the spirit of God" I am not talking about those people who want to kill you for their religion, or anything negative. I mean those people who are honestly spiritual, and, well, there is an intangiable energy to them. You know what I mean, while the faithless will not.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

. said:Before about 8000BC, human beings were building amazing cities that were so environmentally friendly that when they were abandoned they biodegraded into unrecognizability in just a few thousand years. That's some pretty amazing technology that we don't even have today.

In retrospect, it sure as hell looks as though society "hit bottom" somewhere in the second millennium BC, and since then has only very slowly been regaining what it had lost.

There have been peaks and valleys to Human civilization. It looks like we hit a huge bottleneck at about 10,000 bce that reduced the human species to possibly as few as 2000 survivors.

There was some experimentation with agriculture in ancient egypt circa 13,000 bce, but it was abandoned - you can either read into this a civilization that declined, or a technology that had not yet matured.

let us consider the example of the Vikings on Greenland. They were hearty, and adapted to the conditions, but, they were not able to survive the mini ice age. Humanity and the environment do go through cycles - and I would nearly guarantee (with one possible exception) that modern technology is superior to anything in the past.

The one exception is something I am researching, and I am not entirely convinced it is true.
sandman
Tight Diction

20385 posts

And eyes have evolved and devolved and became more precise, less precise over time.

There is an evolutionary continuum that is indisputable. Complexity is an emergent property resulting from competition over scarce resources. Whether it is a prion trying to accumulate a few ions or a lion eating a lamb, there is this insatiable "arms race" over consuming resources.

So far, the planet Earth has not been a constraint towards human resource accumulation because population would have begun to decrease.
bensa
American Express Cardholder

10164 posts

I dont know if there is a god or not. Standing over someone you have just killed, looking at them, there is no soul, no special moment as they die. It is just over. Like stepping on a cochroach.
Unregistered

q said:By "filled with the spirit of God" I am not talking about those people who want to kill you for their religion, or anything negative. I mean those people who are honestly spiritual, and, well, there is an intangiable energy to them. You know what I mean, while the faithless will not.

But those spiritual people believe in all sorts of things, they aren't limited to Xtians. Some are Muslims, some are Buddhists, and some believe that the Earth itself has a conscience. It's also worth nothing just how many "spiritual" people seem happy and serene when everything is going their way, and appear fulfilled on the surface, but suddenly lose that exterior as soon as things start to go wrong.
sandman
Tight Diction

20385 posts

Speaking of cities, I've always had this belief that human civilization began before the ice age. It wouldn't surprise me if we eventually found iron age technology from 30,000 years ago.
Unregistered

q said:
The one exception is something I am researching, and I am not entirely convinced it is true.

There seem to be ancient pre-historic memories of advanced human beings being able to use sonic technologies in ways we today can barely imagine, to cut stone, to cure illnesses and perhaps even to fly. The ancient idea of "mantras" seems to be a throwback to this, a primitive mind's attempt to reconstruct an ancient ancestral memory of a lost technology.

Page: 1 2 3 4  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: