F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe

Notice:

This is a read-only archive of the old board. The new forum is located here.

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 301 - 310 | 471 - 480 | 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490  | 491 - 500  | 501 - 510  | Previous  Next | First  Last

CBS News' Lara Logan Assaulted During Egypt Protests
The Real Tellguy
Registered

88 posts

RealEuropeanElitist said:
The Real Tellguy said:I'm a professional musician/educator.

Interesting! what kind of music?

Rock/pop and I teach guitar. Sorry about the delay answering, this thread really zips along!
The Real Tellguy
Registered

88 posts

Real Masked Truth said:
nine said:My dad and his brothers served in WWII but my mom grew up over there in Nazi occupied Greece as a little girl. In Saving Private Ryan, when the soldier pulls that little French girl away from her parents and away from the half-destroyed house, in the scene with the sniper showdown, my mom cried and said, "That little girl was me." I took them to see it in the theater. It's the last film either of them saw in a theater. I lost my dad in 2006 and my mom in 2008. I cared for them over seventy hours a week for nearly four years before they died. They deserved every minute of it.

Happy Veterans Day, Real Masked Truth. Thanks for your service.

Thanks Nine and sorry to hear about your parents for your a great son and they are watching over you and that movie was so powerful and realistic for the beach landing those sounds of gun fire really takes me back have a great night

Taking care of your parents 70 hours a week for nearly four years may not be as glamorous as charging a machine gun nest, but it's certainly herculean in its own right. Kudos to both of you!
Unregistered

The Real Tellguy said:

Rock/pop and I teach guitar. Sorry about the delay answering, this thread really zips along!

How can I get candle wax off my guitar?
I thought about using an Iron and towel. But I'm worried the wood glue would melt.

Side note: never lean a guitar against a speaker with a candle on it.
rocker
and roller

182 posts

. said:
The Real Tellguy said:

How can I get candle wax off my guitar?
I thought about using an Iron and towel. But I'm worried the wood glue would melt.

Side note: never lean a guitar against a speaker with a candle on it.

I forgot to say it is an acoustic
The wood glue is pretty much holding the whole thing together.
:)
nine
Registered

577 posts

This is major. Wow. She spoke about it. She opened up. Holy crap...

"If anything good came out of this, it was the response," she said. "I never expected so much compassion and understanding."... This is an unusual evening for me and I made a decision to talk tonight about what it is that brought me here, the reason I was asked to come here its not something I have talked about often," Logan said. "But, I dont want it to be a dirty secret that I carry inside me. ...I realized in the months later as more and more people asked me about why I wasnt speaking out, people thought I was afraid to talk about it, that it was too difficult or too painful that was never the reason," she said. "I never wanted it to seem like this was all I was ever going to talk about to define myself by it or that I was somehow going to profit by it. ...Its become clear to me in the wake of Egypt that I have the ability to affect change in a very real way," she said. "Me personally, not just my work. This is my responsibility now because so many people come up to me and will hold my hand and tell me that I was gang raped when I was 14 years old, or I was raped when I was 20 and I never told anyone about it until two years ago and it occurred 30 years ago.' ...My heart breaks for what we still do to one another," she said. "If in some small way, I can change that, then I feel very grateful."

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/tells-61914-war-assault.html

That's awesome.
nine
Registered

577 posts

Is it available online anywhere? I was in a van all day yesterday so I couldn't access the live broadcast.
Unregistered

she said her assailants were worthless. actually, a guy sitting around doing bongs all day recieving welfare and contributing nothing to society is worthless, her assailants were so far below worthless, the rat that lives deep down in the sewer feeding off garbage and feces is in comparison to these men, almost a god.
Unregistered

http://michaelweaver.zenfolio.com/p427496849
Unregistered

"She said her assailants were so close that she could see into their eyes; she even bit one in the face to stave off the attacks."
RealEuropeanElitist
Registered

2757 posts

nine said:This is major. Wow. She spoke about it. She opened up. Holy crap...

"If anything good came out of this, it was the response," she said. "I never expected so much compassion and understanding."... This is an unusual evening for me and I made a decision to talk tonight about what it is that brought me here, the reason I was asked to come here its not something I have talked about often," Logan said. "But, I dont want it to be a dirty secret that I carry inside me. ...I realized in the months later as more and more people asked me about why I wasnt speaking out, people thought I was afraid to talk about it, that it was too difficult or too painful that was never the reason," she said. "I never wanted it to seem like this was all I was ever going to talk about to define myself by it or that I was somehow going to profit by it. ...Its become clear to me in the wake of Egypt that I have the ability to affect change in a very real way," she said. "Me personally, not just my work. This is my responsibility now because so many people come up to me and will hold my hand and tell me that I was gang raped when I was 14 years old, or I was raped when I was 20 and I never told anyone about it until two years ago and it occurred 30 years ago.' ...My heart breaks for what we still do to one another," she said. "If in some small way, I can change that, then I feel very grateful."

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/tells-61914-war-assault.html

That's awesome.

Hah! "COMPASSION" and understanding. Good job CompassionBreak. Good job.

And yeah everybody that really spoke up for her in this very thread is one of the guys who can count himself among those that helped her through this.

*Points to Nine* YOU. *ponits to Masked Truth* You. *points to Compassion* You. *points to Truthseeker* You. *points to Superjerk* You. *Points to Tellguy* You. *points to dot2dot* You. *Defiant* You. *ManInLove* You.

And everyone else i may have forgotten.
RealEuropeanElitist
Registered

2757 posts

. said:she said her assailants were worthless. actually, a guy sitting around doing bongs all day recieving welfare and contributing nothing to society is worthless, her assailants were so far below worthless, the rat that lives deep down in the sewer feeding off garbage and feces is in comparison to these men, almost a god.

Indeed.
Unregistered

You people in this thread freak me out.

You come to our F2 and set up your own little kingdom with this thread, like some kind of immigrant ghetto or refugee camp full of lice-ridden, rag-swaddled waifs, showing up out of nowhere. Most of you don't participate in the rest of the board. Your identity here is based on your participation in some obsessively long thread about some poor woman getting gang-raped.

:wtf:
RealEuropeanElitist
Registered

2757 posts

. said:You people in this thread freak me out.

You come to our F2 and set up your own little kingdom with this thread, like some kind of immigrant ghetto or refugee camp full of lice-ridden, rag-swaddled waifs, showing up out of nowhere. Most of you don't participate in the rest of the board. Your identity here is based on your participation in some obsessively long thread about some poor woman getting gang-raped.

:wtf:

Buddy you have no idea. We have not come to YOUR F2 to just establish our own little kingdom with this thread. Oh no. It is more the GIANT bridgehead of a fucking INVASION FORCE, do you understand?! We have come to conquer your board and make it into something more and more beautiful than it ever could have been. You do not understand how outfought and outclassed you really are. And yes we are obsessed about a STRONG GOOD BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED SECOND TO NONE woman who was gang-raped. But not to glee upon it but to reflect it and getting to know her and respect her and learn from her how to really evolve into better human beings.

I tell you man, battle tanks have cut your supply route. Special Forces already have encircled your head quarters. Your munition depot has been bombed. And the Best is yet to come!

RealEuropeanElitist
Registered

2757 posts

. said:"she even bit one in the face to stave off the attacks."

That´s a MEANINGFUL fight, oh yes. They needed a whole batallion to pull THAT BRAVE WOMAN down. *spits out in contempt* Without their numbers they would have dispersed like a fleeting flock of luft-ballons. Worthless the lot of them all right!
Unregistered

calm down
Newgod
Registered

489 posts

SKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SSKDNFGDS SDFNAE DSFNAUWENFDFJAS FNSEUNFAS FSAJNFEUNFAS DFNAENF SDVS
Unregistered

http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/article1201099.ece
Unregistered

. said:http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/article1201099.ece

they actually mention Temoris Grecko.
RealEuropeanElitist
Registered

2757 posts

. said:

they actually mention Temoris Grecko.

Yea they did.

But they also...okay i acknowledge this. You can almost feel it. She is coming "out" but at a very slow pace. We are now getting new information:

1. She bit one of her attackers in the face (good job!)

2. After the attack pretty much every man in her team was in a state of utter shock too. The team was way over their head. They didn´t have a clue how to react to it. And that was not good. One has to admire Max`Reaction in which he knelt down in front of her - that was very good - but that was an instinctive reaction. It would have been better if these men would have known how to react correctly in such a situation.

Please CBS spy if you read this: Feedback: Get some of your brainbugs back home to think about situations like this and how to deal with it especially concerning media and inter-personal (colleagues) Risk-Assessment Plans for Journalists are not enough. You gotta learn how to deal with something like this in specialized seminars headed by psychiatrists. Every bit of preparation would come handy in a situation when you have to deal with a raped colleague in a foreign land mere minutes after the attack. Call it Contingency Plans or Damage Control Plan. But not Risk. Risk is a bad word. It only points to the before and not the aftermath.

Sigh. But who am I kidding? Heh. Nothing will ever change.

Newgod
Registered

489 posts

:lol:4
Unregistered

SUPREME SPAMBOT
Unregistered

SKDNFSNGNDSGNG DSFGF
Unregistered

Unregistered

If anybody is going to her next speech, ask her if the Fat kid was anywhere accurate and if part 2 was accurate.
Unregistered

"In the first few minutes (afterward) no one could look at me," Logan said. "The guys around me it was all guys on my team they're so distraught. ... I'm a complete and utter mess and I'm hysterical and nobody knows how to deal with this. They just wanna do the right thing for me, but they don't even know how to find the words."

Maybe she was cursing up a storm at them. They couldn't look at her because she had blood, semen, and urine on her hair and face.

Page: 301 - 310 | 471 - 480 | 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490  | 491 - 500  | 501 - 510  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: