F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe

Notice:

This is a read-only archive of the old board. The new forum is located here.

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 1 2 3  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Holy shit: I just bought a diet soda that contains saccharin! See if you can guess what kind of soda
sh
/bin/sh

16261 posts

Bitter lemon of course.
Unregistered

Original_Lonly_Guy said:Any guesses? Seriously it shocked me that any diet soda would still contain it. I always remember being slightly annoyed with this soda, but only now do I realized that it was the bitterness of the saccharin...

RC Diet Cola / DietRite
cyclist
dances with cars

3373 posts

tab
Original_Lonly_Guy

1795 posts

. said:tonic or quinine water

Correct: Schweppes Diet Tonic water is sweetened by saccharin! Shockingly there is no longer a cancer warning on the label.

They must have assumed that considering quinine is bitter they wouldn't have to worry about saccharin's offensive taste. But shit, it's almost undrinkable. :mad:
Unregistered

Saccharin is safe. The tests that showed it causing cancer in rats were found to be flawed.
Original_Lonly_Guy

1795 posts

. said:Saccharin is safe. The tests that showed it causing cancer in rats were found to be flawed.

When did it get removed from labels?

Those warnings used to be HUGE.

I didn't notice they went away mainly because noone uses saccharin anymore, except cheap fucks like schweppes who think no one can taste it.
Unregistered

Original_Lonly_Guy said:When did it get removed from labels?

I didn't notice they went away mainly because noone uses saccharin anymore, except cheap fucks like schweppes who think no one can taste it.

Not sure exactly when but they found that there was something about the biology of rats that caused the cancer that didn't translate to humans. Also they fed the rats many thousands of times as much a dose as humans could possibly have.
Unregistered

Aspartame is much worse than saccharin and it's in everything. :aww:
Unregistered

. said:Aspartame is much worse than saccharin and it's in everything. :aww:

This. Its not that saccharin became safer, its just that the other shit they use now is a lot worse. They basically just moved the goalposts. The FDA is a joke.
Unregistered

. said:This. Its not that saccharin became safer, its just that the other shit they use now is a lot worse. They basically just moved the goalposts. The FDA is a joke.

Sucralose is one to watch out for.
Unregistered

That's because saccharin doesn't cause cancer. That was one of the first in a long series of Jew-media health scares.
Unregistered

OLG - why are you worried about this versus all the health related issues that you being a FAT ASS bring?

Typical Fat Sepp Behavior.
Unregistered

Original_Lonly_Guy said:I'll spell it out: what soda drink is intentionally quite bitter?

Fresca>
Unregistered

. said:
. said:This. Its not that saccharin became safer, its just that the other shit they use now is a lot worse. They basically just moved the goalposts. The FDA is a joke.

Sucralose is one to watch out for.

why?
Unregistered

Original_Lonly_Guy said:It's a soda used in mixed drinks :rolleyes:

some grapefruit-based swill
cumby
www.clownpenis.fart

144 posts

http://i.imgur.com/Zk2OC.jpg
kirby
No longer in operation.

12079 posts

fuck off who gives a shit. keep downting the fucking drink so maybe you'll die faster faggot.
IQ 185
Registered

7 posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharin#Warning_label_removal

In a December 14, 2010 release, the EPA stated that saccharin is no longer considered a potential hazard to human health.[23]
Unregistered

Original_Lonly_Guy said:When did it get removed from labels?

Sweet & Low is saccharin.
Unregistered

Original_Lonly_Guy said:Even crazier, it seems the US has lifted that warning they always used to have on saccharin... eg known to cause cancer in lab animals! \

Guess. I'll give a hint after 5 incorrect guesses.

Tab
Unregistered

Original_Lonly_Guy said:Correct: Schweppes Diet Tonic water is sweetened by saccharin! Shockingly there is no longer a cancer warning on the label.

They must have assumed that considering quinine is bitter they wouldn't have to worry about saccharin's offensive taste. But shit, it's almost undrinkable. :mad:

I wish Tab was still made with saccharin. The cancer warning was bullshit by the way, that's why it's finally gone.

I'd worry more about Aspartame and Sucralose. They haven't been through nearly as much testing, especially the former.
Unregistered

Original_Lonly_Guy said:Correct: Schweppes Diet Tonic water is sweetened by saccharin! Shockingly there is no longer a cancer warning on the label.

I don't think the sell Canada Dry quinine water anymore. I used to sneak some when I was a kid, my dad used it to make highballs. For some reason I liked the taste.

CharlieSheensLiver
Registered

719 posts

kirby said:fuck off who gives a shit. keep downting the fucking drink so maybe you'll die faster faggot.

:potd:
Original_Lonly_Guy

1795 posts

kirby said:fuck off who gives a shit. keep downting the fucking drink so maybe you'll die faster faggot.

Fuck off kirby. I saw your video. You look and sound like a deaf retard.
Original_Lonly_Guy

1795 posts

. said:OLG - why are you worried about this versus all the health related issues that you being a FAT ASS bring?

Typical Fat Sepp Behavior.

You misunderstand. It's a matter of flavor. They added saccharin because it is cheap, and Tonic water is bitter. But tonic water is also supposed to be sweet too. This shit is nasty.

What's worse, artificial sweetner technology has never been better. Aspartame combined with Asulfame Potassium tastes almost exactly like sugar. Most diet drinks use this combination now.

Page: 1 2 3  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: