F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe

Notice:

This is a read-only archive of the old board. The new forum is located here.

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4  | Previous  Next | First  Last

I think America is turning bloodthirsty.
RobertJHarsh
Ban me if you got the guts

-16559 posts

... said:
RobertJHarsh said:Welcome to the American Empire.

And thank God for that. Otherwise, it would be the Russian Empire. Or the Chinese Empire. The world ALWAYS has ruling nations; might as well be America, given the choices!

Then it needs to stop treating its citizens like shit. Molesting at the airport? Outsourcing jobs? How about some "America first?"
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

. said:Anyone who can compare GITMO to what the Soviets did is either a hopeless moran or is in 6th grade and simply ignorant.

Not necessarily. There are parallels, you cannot deny that.

I admit, there are also differences, but, you cannot deny the similarities.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

RobertJHarsh said:Then it needs to stop treating its citizens like shit. Molesting at the airport? Outsourcing jobs? How about some "America first?"

I have no problem with America first, provided you don't forget your brothers to the North. Remember us? The ones you invaded a couple hundred years ago, and we forgave you and moved on?
Unregistered

. said:Anyone who can compare GITMO to what the Soviets did is either a hopeless moran or is in 6th grade and simply ignorant.

Detention without charges.

Sounds like Russia to me.

Charge them and put them on trial or STFU. Instead, they live in a Kafakaesque limbo. Go read the the wikileaks documents about GITMO. Many of the people in there are there on bullshit charges they can't prove. It's that it's too embarrassing for the USA to admit it.

Unregistered

it always has been $$$$$ first, fuck America. Why do you even think *repuke* exist?
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

. said:it always has been $$$$$ first, fuck America. Why do you even think *repuke* exist?

Excellent point. The only difference is, at first, they had to make their bucks at home.

But, now that the world is their oyster, the megacorps are moving on. IBM, GE, etc - all are no longer content to invest their money at home (although they are happy to take bailout money from the government)
Unregistered

q said:

Not necessarily. There are parallels, you cannot deny that.

I admit, there are also differences, but, you cannot deny the similarities.

Facetious. How many people have been slaughtered at GITMO? Stalin killed about 20 million. Are you seriously saying that mistreating a few is similar to killing tens of millions? Where is the similarity?
Unregistered

. said:Detention without charges.

Sounds like Russia to me.

Charge them and put them on trial or STFU. Instead, they live in a Kafakaesque limbo. Go read the the wikileaks documents about GITMO. Many of the people in there are there on bullshit charges they can't prove. It's that it's too embarrassing for the USA to admit it.

Detention without charges is the least of what the Soviets did to their own people. You have to move on to starving people to death, freezing them to death, beheading, etc., then you'll be on the right track.
Unregistered

q said:I have no problem with America first, provided you don't forget your brothers to the North. Remember us? The ones you invaded a couple hundred years ago, and we forgave you and moved on?

:lol: - you are lucky we let you keep your country. But, you are so damn amusing; we didn't want to ruin that.
Unregistered

... said: :lol: - you are lucky we let you keep your country. But, you are so damn amusing; we didn't want to ruin that.
\
:spanky:

Unregistered

RobertJHarsh said:Then it needs to stop treating its citizens like shit. Molesting at the airport? Outsourcing jobs? How about some "America first?"

You are free to move elsewhere. There's a huge difference between America and the Soviets.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

... said: :lol: - you are lucky we let you keep your country. But, you are so damn amusing; we didn't want to ruin that.

Uh huh. Remember, we burnt your white house? The entire reason it is called the "White" house is because your ancestors had to whitewash it after a bunch of drunks from Yonge street went down and torched the place?

You keep us around because you're afraid we're the quiet neighbour next door that might snap one day.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

... said:You are free to move elsewhere. There's a huge difference between America and the Soviets.

Why should he move? Whats wrong with advocating change at home? Expecially when it is positive change?
Unregistered

q said:Uh huh. Remember, we burnt your white house? The entire reason it is called the "White" house is because your ancestors had to whitewash it after a bunch of drunks from Yonge street went down and torched the place?

You keep us around because you're afraid we're the quiet neighbour next door that might snap one day.

Damn Brits :mad:.

You're right - we fear you may go looney on us.
Unregistered

q said:Why should he move? Whats wrong with advocating change at home? Expecially when it is positive change?

He should move because we don't need any more ass taking here.
RobertJHarsh
Ban me if you got the guts

-16559 posts

... said:You are free to move elsewhere. There's a huge difference between America and the Soviets.

I wondet for how much longer. Last thing America will ever want is people escaping from this fucking hole. And don't worry. I am saving up. I very much plan to GTFO at some point.

One poster claimed the Soviet union was worse. I admit I have never lived there but I do not plan to stick around long enough to get disappeared in the middle of the night either.
Unregistered

RobertJHarsh said:

I wondet for how much longer. Last thing America will ever want is people escaping from this fucking hole. And don't worry. I am saving up. I very much plan to GTFO at some point.

One poster claimed the Soviet union was worse. I admit I have never lived there but I do not plan to stick around long enough to get disappeared in the middle of the night either.

:wave: - don't let the door knob hit that dick in your ass on the way out.
54-40_OR_FIGHT
Unregistered

q said:I think the events of the past 10 years have really ignited something dark and feral in our southern Neighbours.

How do you square this claim with the fact that violent crime in the U.S. has been declining for years?
Unregistered

. said:Detention without charges is the least of what the Soviets did to their own people. You have to move on to starving people to death, freezing them to death, beheading, etc., then you'll be on the right track.

The point is we used to pride ourselves on Habeas corpus. It was a cornerstone of our legal system and sacred idea of our society. That if you were detained, there damn well be charges to justify that. That's Osama Bin Laden's lasting victory. He wanted to destroy the American way of life. He attacked the USA and we wet our pants and threw one of most sacred ideas down the toilet. I grew up listening to my ex-military dad and grandad talk about how we were so much better than the Russians because we would fight to the death to defend our laws and way of justice. It turns out they were wrong. We were happy to throw it out because we were scared of the "towelheads".
Unregistered

. said:
. said:Detention without charges is the least of what the Soviets did to their own people. You have to move on to starving people to death, freezing them to death, beheading, etc., then you'll be on the right track.

The point is we used to pride ourselves on Habeas corpus. It was a cornerstone of our legal system and sacred idea of our society. That if you were detained, there damn well be charges to justify that. That's Osama Bin Laden's lasting victory. He wanted to destroy the American way of life. He attacked the USA and we wet our pants and threw one of most sacred ideas down the toilet. I grew up listening to my ex-military dad and grandad talk about how we were so much better than the Russians because we would fight to the death to defend our laws and way of justice. It turns out they were wrong. We were happy to throw it out because we were scared of the "towelheads".

Lincoln suspended Habeas for years. Yet, we didn't turn into a dictatorship.

FDR imprisoned thousands for years simply because of their ancestry. We survived and didn't turn into the Soviet Union in the 40s.

Did we throw it all out back then?

Look, it makes fun high school type debates to say any single abrogation of some individual's rights means the whole country is about to become a police state, but that's not the way it really works in the real world. Countries don't become police states step-by-step.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

... said:Damn Brits :mad:.

I'm a Canuck. Not a Brit.
q
LOL@U

-6639 posts

54-40_OR_FIGHT said:How do you square this claim with the fact that violent crime in the U.S. has been declining for years?

Lets see... what were the terms I set out originally? Go back and reread the rest.
Unregistered

q said:
... said:Damn Brits :mad:.

I'm a Canuck. Not a Brit.

In 1812, you were a Brit.
Unregistered

Relax, the economy is shitty, people are under great financial pressure. And they are angry. It won't lead to a crazy violent outburst.
Unregistered

... said:Lincoln suspended Habeas for years. Yet, we didn't turn into a dictatorship.

FDR imprisoned thousands for years simply because of their ancestry. We survived and didn't turn into the Soviet Union in the 40s.

Did we throw it all out back then?

Look, it makes fun high school type debates to say any single abrogation of some individual's rights means the whole country is about to become a police state, but that's not the way it really works in the real world. Countries don't become police states step-by-step.

So lets go back to the "good old days"? Sounds great.

HEY! WE HAD SEPERATE LUNCH TABLES BACK IN THE FOR BLACK AND WHITES! WAS AMERICA A POLICE STATE THEN? YOU LIBERALS ARE JUST A BUNCH OF WHINERS!
\
:milton:

Page: 1 2 3 4  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: