F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe

Notice:

This is a read-only archive of the old board. The new forum is located here.

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 1 2 3  | Previous  Next | First  Last

The irony doesn't escape me...Hollywood glamorizes violence and some whack job blows away the worshipers
Unregistered

. said:OP here.

Your points are retarded sounding and difficult to interpret, but let me attempt to address them.

While violence is real and part of humanity and its history and present so is harmony and peaceful coexistence. Actually, I would say that it our capacity for civility that we show each other that separates us from the savagery of the animal kingdom. I do not accept that violence is simply the state of things and that we should all embrace and glorify it. Rather, I like the idea of walking down a busy street holding my child by the hand without worry of an 'inherently and aggressive humanity' taking our lives in the bloodiest manner possible.

Remember ass wipe, violence is wrong. Period. You don't have to 'hate humanity' to make this statement. If you want to go back to clanish caveman days where strangers just brutally killed one another upon first sight...be my guest.

Our fantasies challenge our civility. This event is the manifestation of this fact.

You are calling me retarded? :lol:

You state unequivocally violence is wrong.

Humanity is only in a state of civility where the nation state itself maintains a monopoly on the use of force and uses violence and the threat of violence to deter aggressors.

There is no civility inherent in mankind or the nation state international system.

History shows this to be true. Your civility and peace walking down the street is purchased by the brutal complex organizations capable of inflicting violence on a massive scale. And they do it in your name. The facade of peacefullness is just that. Fake.
Unregistered

keggerlord said:What the killer did or didn't root for is irrelevant. Stick to the point: You said it was ironic these people got gunned down because they were there for the violence. I say they were there to vicariously experience justice (something that has been erased in our politically correct society). You were asserting that they got what was coming to them. Given my argument that they wanted a sense of justice and instead were victimized by a murderer, do you still stand by your flawed logic that this was somehow karma?

Anyone who goes to a Thursday midnight showing of a Batman movie deserves to die, and be eliminated from the gene pool.
Unregistered

. said:You are calling me retarded? :lol:

Humanity is only in a state of civility where the nation state itself maintains a monopoly on the use of force and uses violence and the threat of violence to deter aggressors.

There is no civility inherent in mankind or the nation state international system.

History shows this to be true. Your civility and peace walking down the street is purchased by the brutal complex organizations capable of inflicting violence on a massive scale. And they do it in your name. The facade of peacefullness is just that. Fake.

:potd:
Unregistered

You're a fucking idiot. Actual murder is what matters. I do not care about philosophical bullshit like "facade of peacefullness". There's a big difference between walking around with your family in a warzone like Somalia, and walking around with your family in a peaceful police state like Monaco.

Does the state of Monaco use "threat of violence to deter aggressors". Absolutely. They have one police officer for every 62 residents. And I applaud them for it.
Unregistered

OP here.

So, say your neighbor is playing his music a little too loudly, you're saying the only thing keeping you from cutting the throat of your neighbor and then drinking the blood that gushes out is the fact that the 'nation state international system' (an oxymoron by the way) will inflict violence upon you?

You scare me.

Face it. Our genes are programmed to get along with one another. It is what separates us from our chimp cousins. And you know it. Civility IS our natural state. Not rampant violence and disorder.
Unregistered

. said:You're a fucking idiot. Actual murder is what matters. I do not care about philosophical bullshit like "facade of peacefullness". There's a big difference between walking around with your family in a warzone like Somalia, and walking around with your family in a peaceful police state like Monaco.

Does the state of Monaco use "threat of violence to deter aggressors". Absolutely. They have one police officer for every 62 residents. And I applaud them for it.

So you agree that mankind is inherently violent. And violent stories are just reflecting man's violent nature.

Which is exactly the point I made in my first post which you called retarded.

:discussionclosed:
Unregistered

. said:So you agree that mankind is inherently violent.

No, but black people are.
Unregistered

So, say your neighbor is playing his music a little too loudly, you're saying the only thing keeping you from cutting the throat of your neighbor and then drinking the blood that gushes out is the fact that the 'nation state international system' (an oxymoron by the way) will inflict violence upon you?

You scare me.

Face it. Our genes are programmed to get along with one another. It is what separates us from our chimp cousins. And you know it. Civility IS our natural state. Not rampant violence and disorder.

I have wanted to murder my neighbors before because of obnoxious over the top rude behavior. I would have done it had murder been legal too. I am not alone in this either. Believe me. And I'm a law abiding citizen and never been arrested. It's in our nature.

Men would be murdering rivals to steal their GF's wives, snatching their daughters if it were legal also.

We live in a fucked up world. I wonder what kind of planet you live on because it sure as hell isn't Earth.
Unregistered

. said:You are too stupid to even post.

Well, I can't refute that...
Unregistered

. said:I have wanted to murder my neighbors before because of obnoxious over the top rude behavior. I would have done it had murder been legal too. I am not alone in this either. Believe me. And I'm a law abiding citizen and never been arrested. It's in our nature.

Men would be murdering rivals to steal their GF's wives, snatching their daughters if it were legal also.

We live in a fucked up world. I wonder what kind of planet you live on because it sure as hell isn't Earth.

I agree. If I had the power to kill people in a completely untraceable fool-proof effortless manner, without any negative retribution back to me, a lot of people would die.

The only reason I don't kill rude people is because of the possibility of negative retribution (legal punishment, or revenge / retaliation attacks).

But give me the magic power to snap my fingers and kill people without any evidence tracing back to me, I'd be killing people on a regular basis.
Unregistered

. said:I have wanted to murder my neighbors before because of obnoxious over the top rude behavior. I would have done it had murder been legal too. I am not alone in this either. Believe me. And I'm a law abiding citizen and never been arrested. It's in our nature.

OP here.

I simply disagree with you. In actuality, I believe that you don't murder your neighbors not because you fear the police, but rather, you don't do it because you know that it is WRONG. You actually help support my original point in this post...the anger you feel and murderous fantasies you indulged towards your neighbors were never made manifest because you have been taught that murder is abnormal and wrong first, and that it has consequences second. But somebody, somebody with an abnormal brain (and in populations counted in the billions) someone in this sea of humanity will watch violent fantasy films and then act on those abnormal impulses. The worship of the violence only encourages this behavior. One shouldn't be so surprised that this violent film made real some trev's most private fantasies. By participating in this pageant of violence on the screen you are simply inviting this kind of reaction. The viewers who paid the production company to create this kind of shit simply had it coming to them whether they realized and acknowledge it, or not. Remember, those who show up at midnight showing are the most faithful ardent fans of this kind of entertainment. While they themselves may not become violent, someone who was a fan like them obviously did.
Unregistered

I simply disagree with you. In actuality, I believe that you don't murder your neighbors not because you fear the police, but rather, you don't do it because you know that it is WRONG. You actually help support my original point in this post...the anger you feel and murderous fantasies you indulged towards your neighbors were never made manifest because you have been taught that murder is abnormal and wrong first, and that it has consequences second. But somebody, somebody with an abnormal brain (and in populations counted in the billions) someone in this sea of humanity will watch violent fantasy films and then act on those abnormal impulses. The worship of the violence only encourages this behavior. One shouldn't be so surprised that this violent film made real some trev's most private fantasies. By participating in this pageant of violence on the screen you are simply inviting this kind of reaction. The viewers who paid the production company to create this kind of shit simply had it coming to them whether they realized and acknowledge it, or not. Remember, those who show up at midnight showing are the most faithful ardent fans of this kind of entertainment. While they themselves may not become violent, someone who was a fan like them obviously did.

People have been murdering each other for thousands of years, and it's not because of Batman movies.
Unregistered

. said:

People have been murdering each other for thousands of years, and it's not because of Batman movies.

True, however, violent media takes many forms, including oral tradition. The difference is you couldn't SEE the violence. It changes everything.
Unregistered

. said:The Jew came first.

To once again quote the greatest humanitarian of the 20th century:

"Was there any form of filth or profligacy, particularly in cultural life, without at least one Jew involved in it?

If you cut even cautiously into such an abscess, you found, like a maggot in a rotting body, often dazzled by the sudden light-a kike!

What had to be reckoned heavily against the Jews in my eyes was when I became acquainted with their activity in the press, art, literature, and the theater. All the unctuous reassurances helped little or nothing It sufficed to look at a billboard, to study the names of the men behind the horrible trash they advertised, to make you hard for a long time to come. This was pestilence, spiritual pestilence, worse than the Black Death of olden times, and the people was being infected with it! It goes without saying that the lower the intellectual level of one of these art manufacturers, the more unlimited his fertility will be, and the scoundrel ends up like a garbage separator, splashing his filth in the face of humanity. And bear in mind that there is no limit to their number; bear in mind that for one Goethe Nature easily can foist on the world ten thousand of these scribblers who poison men's souls like germ-carriers of the worse sort, on their fellow men.

It was terrible, but not to be overlooked, that precisely the Jew, in tremendous numbers, seemed chosen by Nature for this shameful calling.

Is this why the Jews are called the 'chosen people'?

I now began to examine carefully the names of all the creators of unclean products in public artistic life. The result was less and less favorable for my previous attitude toward the Jews. Regardless how my sentiment might resists my reason was forced to draw its conclusions.

The fact that nine tenths of all literary filth, artistic trash, and theatrical idiocy can be set to the account of a people, constituting hardly one hundredth of all the country's inhabitants, could simply not be tanked away; it was the plain truth."

Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
Volume One - A Reckoning

:potd:
Unregistered

. said:I agree. If I had the power to kill people in a completely untraceable fool-proof effortless manner, without any negative retribution back to me, a lot of people would die.

The only reason I don't kill rude people is because of the possibility of negative retribution (legal punishment, or revenge / retaliation attacks).

But give me the magic power to snap my fingers and kill people without any evidence tracing back to me, I'd be killing people on a regular basis.

You are not the norm. There is something wrong with you. You also assume that everyone else is like you, but they are most definitely not like you.

If psycopath is a continuum, you are far over ----> there near the worst criminals without a conscience at all. Most people have a conscience that is developed on more than mere fear of punishment - even animals learn to avoid punishment. Maybe you're Jewish.

Page: 1 2 3  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: